The fourth IBDS conference, Scripting the Image, Imaging the Script: Textual and Pictorial Interrelation in the Bande Dessinée,
was a two-day conference with special guest speakers, BD artists Tanitoc and Chantal Montellier.
Selected panels included:
- Word, Image and Rhythm in Les Quatre Fleuves by Baudoin and Vargas and in Journal by Neaud (Theresa Bridgeman)
- La Page dessinée. An Emerging Dynamic of Visual Narration in Tony Johannot’s Illustrations to Don Quixote (1836) (John Hensher)
- The Complex Relationship between French BD and Popular Cinema (Isabelle Vanderschelden)
- Questions éclairs pour les clercs (Chantal Montellier)
- From Stage to Page (Tanitoc)